Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: 3.6.2.1 - Working with other TXT records

2010-10-20 11:49:16
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Charles
Lindsey
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:52 AM
To: DKIM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: 3.6.2.1 - Working with other TXT
records

By the way, has everyone tested their signing code to see what happens
if there's no From: header at all?  Do we even agree what the right
thing is?  I'd think it'd be approximately the same as if the private
signing key (the only other mandatory input I can think of at the
moment) wasn't present.

OpenDKIM returns a syntax error in both cases.

And to complete the picture, what does it do when verifying?

I'm not sure what you think "both" meant, but I meant it as "when signing and
when verifying".  I don't know of any other DKIM operating modes.