Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-03 16:28:29
As you say my intuition is that people do not want to sub-domain, because it
has a large pain factor.

However what is easy, is to modify the content of the email. We could add a new
tag in the dkim spec like st=, but I'm not sure this is feasible with the
various current DKIM software today.

So the best option is to define a new email header and have it signed by DKIM.

From a sender point of view this is easier to do (vs creating a sub domain,
remapping mail servers,...)

From a receiver point of view, are people willing to adapt their reputation
engine, to take into account this new header? I have no idea.

Note on ADSP: yes ADSP is an add-on, but I think people moved away from it,
when they found out that DKIM would not survive some forwarding for their
corporate email... Therefore too many valid emails were discarded. Using ADSP
with a specific domain is possible, but then people were not ready in
separating mail streams by domain.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave CROCKER" <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
To: "Franck Martin" <franck(_at_)genius(_dot_)com>
Cc: "IETF DKIM WG" <ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, 4 April, 2011 9:12:06 AM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal:  Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

OK.  So the capability exists, but people choose not to use it.  Some people in
fact choose to disable this capability; note that a) ADSP is an add-on, not the
DKIM core, and b) the actual uptake of ADSP on the receive side is not known to
be large.

So the suggestion is to add a second capability that performs the same function
as the first, on the theory that, this time, folks will use it for that purpose?

The logic sequence has some problems, but I don't believe it's reflection of
the
current situation is one of them.

d/