Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-03 16:06:42

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave CROCKER" <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
To: "Franck Martin" <franck(_at_)genius(_dot_)com>
Cc: "IETF DKIM WG" <ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, 4 April, 2011 12:47:55 AM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)
On 4/1/2011 10:04 PM, Franck Martin wrote:
I would suggest we deprecate i= and add st= (if not already used)
that would
let the sender specify a stream category.
With IPv6 we may loose IP reputation, this is a way to bring it back
within
DKIM.

Why doesn't the d= value satisfy this function just as well?

Remember that d= can have sub-domains, to distinguish different
streams.

I'll answer: Paypal and ADSP

Yes it can be done, are people doing it: no

people are using their domain name for their corporate email and application,
they are not ready to do corp.mydomain.com

http://postmaster.facebook.com/outbound

Facebook is mixing up their corporate email with their users email...