Re: [ietf-dkim] Work group future

2011-04-04 14:36:30
On 4/4/2011 2:38 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Alessandro Vesely wrote:

On 03/Apr/11 18:45, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
I think when it's clear there's no more progress that can be made,
you close down and move on.  You can always start up a WG later
when there's a chance for better progress or new work to be done.
Is there a difference between the WG and the mailing list, in this
respect?  Shutting down the mailing list implies possibly different
members whenever a new DKIM WG will be started up.
I actually don't know.  Someone else could chime in.  I'm sure the archives
are kept "forever" though.

There are other DKIM lists around that could become a new home for such
conversation though.  Or you could start your own.

Also, "possibly different members" is not necessarily a bad thing.  Some
fresh perspective might be quite welcome.

When a WG shuts down, its mailing list is almost always kept alive.

     Tony Hansen
     tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com