Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-04 15:26:26
I think you are thinking it as only a DNS issue.

But creating a sub-domain, means that the from needs to match too, therefore
you may need to remap all your corporate email addresses from
jon(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com to jon(_at_)corp(_dot_)ieec(_dot_)com to separate from
the emails sent by your application at iecc.com (if you want to keep the first
party signing)

I'm not sure that many email admins like to play with MS-Exchange and their
boss email address...

Or did I misunderstood the spec?

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Cc: franck(_at_)genius(_dot_)com
Sent: Monday, 4 April, 2011 4:09:16 PM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal:  Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

Another way is to have a dkim tag that specify the header that
indicates the stream classification

Many ways to kill the same bird.

If there is a reason why people aren't able to use a d= domain per
stream, I wish someone would explain in simple terms that even a
dimwit like me can understand.

The only arguments I'm aware of is that hostile or incompetent DNS
managers refuse to install key records, which isn't a very good reason
to add cruft to a standard and "I want to do it some other way" which
is even worse.

R's,
John