Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-04 13:51:01
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John R. Levine
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 7:47 AM
To: McDowell, Brett
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

I think it would be a fine idea to come up with tools to help maintain the
necessary DNS records.  In the small scale at least, I can report that
it's very simple and my monthly DKIM key rotation is completely automated.
Large organizations have larger issues, but the right thing to do is to
help to deal with the problem.

We've been doing that in OpenDKIM for a while now, even for experimental stuff
like ATPS.  People seem to really like them.

Someone could propose some tools or procedures to manage this stuff and use
them to update the Deployment document or publish something orthogonal, if keen
to do something like that in the IETF context.