Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-04 13:11:12
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Thomas [mailto:mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:54 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net; ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain
Identity"

The advice that a verifier can ignore the "l=" tag was in RFC4871, so
copying it to RFC4871bis doesn't seem like a problem to me.

You can't ignore the *tag*. That's the normative change. Whether you
ignore the *output* is another matter. But of course you can't ignore
the output because l= is "internal". Yet another problem.

But RFC4871 also said you could ignore the tag, so I don't understand the
distinction you're making.