Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - Keep your Eye on the Prize!

2011-05-04 17:30:15

On 5/4/2011 3:11 PM, Hector Santos wrote:
Dave, don't you want receivers to follow RFC5585 design?  If so, then

RFC 5585 is not a 'design'.  It has a diagram that describes an overall service.

Also, the scope of its description is much larger than what is covered by the
DKIM Signing specification.

what can't we get the Outputs described for that design to work?  From
what I can see, there are four variables:

     status  REQUIRED
     SDID    REQUIRED, MANDATORY for Trust Identity Assessor (see 2.7)
     AUID    OPTIONAL, see 3.11
     ODID    OPTIONAL for Checking Signing Process (see RFC5585)

We have the REQUIRED/MANDATORY identity you want.  But you have the
others too.

What is technically wrong with this?

It goes beyond the Update the working group and the IETF approved.

It also seems to confuse protocol issues with implementation issues.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking