Re: [ietf-dkim] Fwd: Request to move RFC 5617 (ADSP) to Historic

2013-09-11 21:03:18
This will require a substantial review before any change of status is
done and should be done as part of WG working on Domain Policies.

There is already substantial work with ADSP and APIs implemented and
deployed. We continue to get world wide usage of our ADSP zone record
generator wizard:

    http://www.winserver.com/public/wcadsp

Logs can provided upon request.  Commercial software exist that has it
deployed -- Ours is one of them.

I would like a study done of all the entire scope of Domain Policy
support whether its for DKIM, SPF or any other future message
authentication/authorization protocol.

This will help to address and eliminate the huge redundancy and waste
of at least 4-5 TXT record DNS calls for each mail transaction.  The
IETF should review all the related mail protocols; SPF, DKIM, ADSP,
extensions for ADSP such as ATPS and ASL, we have also VBR and now yet
another one DMARC as one.

Yet, I don't think DMARC covers what was needed.  It fundamentally
lacks addressing the #1 issue, #1 desire and #1 problem that plagued
DKIM with SSP and ADSP -- 3rd party signer controls and policy support.

I am considering to re-introduce DSAP (DKIM Signature Authorization
Protocol) I-D solution and proposed it to the IETF.

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-santos-dkim-dsap-00

The DSAP protocol covers how to handle receiver actions and authorized
3rd party signer concepts. It also expects any reputation layer to
work together in integrated fashion.

--
HLS