Re: Why we don't require requirements

2004-09-30 23:28:12

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:07:43 -0700 (PDT),
domainkeys-feedbackbase01(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com wrote:
 --- Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

 On 1 Oct 2004 03:56:22 -0000, John Levine wrote:
 Pardon my ignorance but what proposals are likely to
 be considered by MASS?  Which ones have been moved
 to CLEAR?

 There were a bunch presented at the MASS BOF at IETF
 60.  See the draft minutes at http://www.imc.org/ietf-
 mailsig/mail- archive/msg00025.html

 1. "These distinctive requirements and characteristics may
 include:"

 Is it too specific to add that non-participants should not be
 disadvantaged? That is to say, that any encapsulation form
 should not be unrecognizable to non-participants?

actually, that's a very important point, such as biasing towards
headers for attributes, rather than a special mime body-part
type.

 2. "The following work items are explicitly ruled out of the
 scope of MASS:

 -  Address-based authentication"

 Again it's my denseness, but can you elaborate on what this
 means?

damn.  this is still causing problems for people.

it is meant to exclude ip addresses as the basis for
authentication.  i guess i shouldn't have used such cryptic
language.

d/