Re: Why we don't require requirements

2004-10-01 13:58:07

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, James M Galvin wrote:

My point is that both the S/MIME and PGP technologies (there is a third,
RFC1848-MOSS, which I only mention I believe is applicable because we're
not talking about solutions) are agnostic on all three points.

Being agnostic about key distribution is a serious problem. We need
something that dramatically simplifies it, i.e. no central authorities
(like S/MIME) or distribution networks (like PGP) that add friction to
deployment.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
NORTH FORELAND TO SELSEY BILL: WEST OR SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6.