Re: Why we don't require requirements

2004-09-30 23:49:31

--- Dave Crocker <dave(_at_)tribalwise(_dot_)com> wrote:

 -  Address-based authentication"

 Again it's my denseness, but can you elaborate on what this
 means?

damn.  this is still causing problems for people.

it is meant to exclude ip addresses as the basis for
authentication.  i guess i shouldn't have used such cryptic
language.

Could this be couched in terms of end-to-endness? Alternatively, can it be
couched in terms of not being channel based?

"address" strikes me as being too generic with a meaning that depends a lot on
whether you're a router guy or an applications gal.

Mark.