Re: MASS BOF Agenda and Proposed charter

2005-07-15 12:42:10

Frank Ellermann wrote:

Dave Crocker wrote:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mailsig/mail-archive/msg01311.html

That says "agenda" http://ietf.org/ietf/05aug/mass.txt with

| CHAIRS: Jim Fenton    <fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
|         Dave Crocker  <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net>

On...

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-online-proceedings/05mar/proceedings/slides/wgchair-0/sld7.htm>

...I find "ADs often prefer not to have authors as chairs".

Do you really need Jim as co-chair ?  He's more important
as co-author, and mixing these jobs coulde a bad idea when
it hits the fan again as with the former MARID WG.

Thanks for your vote of confidence as an author. As Mike pointed out, this is just who chairs the BoF, and it's up to the ADs who the WG chairs might be. I agree, it would be a very bad idea to mix the WG chair and editor jobs.

 Are there any "pat. pend." issues waiting for the planned WG ?
Cisco has none; I cannot speak for others.

-Jim