IPR declaration requirement

2005-07-16 12:25:52

 If I release any drafts (or see any other drafts coming from IETF queue)

 that have something directly to do with my patent applications, I'll
 certainly do appropriate IPR disclosure.

I believe that the rule is that participation in the IETF process -- for ANY
effort -- requires that the participant disclose any intellectual property
rights that relate to that work.

So it is not simply a matter of whether you pursue your own proposal, but
whether you participate in work for which you claim any IPR.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking