Re: revised Proposed Charter

2005-07-20 07:15:59

Based on the list discussion, a revised charter is now posted at:

   <http://mipassoc.org/mass/mass-charter-05dc.txt>

It uses Ned's language concerning restriction of changes to
draft-allman-dkim-*
and it states that the working group output will be standards-track.

Both changes are in the first paragraph of the Description.

There's a comma in there that I think should be removed. "useful, to improve"
-> "useful to improve"

I think the restrictions on scope are reasonable for now, however, one possible
course forward would be to recharter after the current work is complete to look
at, say, the acceditation problem. Should the possibility of a recharter be
mentioned? The answer is probably no, but I thought I'd ask.

Finally, I don't know about anyone else, but I for one am starting to
have trouble keeping track of all the issues rasied on the documents and
charter. Perhaps we could start using an issue tracking system sooner
rather than later.

                                Ned