RE: NOTE WELL: IETF-MailSig List Participation Rules

2005-07-27 12:45:59

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-mailsig(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-mailsig(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
william(at)elan.net

I see conflicts in above when same person(s) asserts the
rules, asks if there is rough consensus against it and then
decides if there is such rought consensus. I believe that no
matter how strongly you feel about it,
the rough consensus needs to be formed and not asserted based
on lock of activity on the subject.

So since you asked view on this subject - leave your rules for WG and
keep only RFC3184 as applicable to this group at this time - BoF is
supposed to be loosely organized group, more open to debate
then WG (which has clear written goals). In other words, I'm
against having the rules as they are written apply to MASS at
this time.

In the real world, what harm is done by following the proposed rules?

*****
it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 162