Re: NOTE WELL: IETF-MailSig List Participation Rules

2005-07-28 07:51:28

Dave Crocker wrote:

In any event, as I said in the posting, rough consensus
decides the issue of its applicability.

Somebody owns this list.  Looking at...
<http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.mailsig>
...I find that IMC owns it.  Apparently Paul has appointed
you as moderator, the IETF rules are already linked on...

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mailsig/index.html

If the group really does not want to operate under these
rules, it will be trivial to get that decision reversed.

An IETF WG not wishing to operate under IETF rules ?  At
the moment this is a private list and the owner or his
delegate can adopt any rules he likes.  As soon as it's
official RfC 3934 etc. are clear.

Spf-discuss adopted RfC 3934 rules (IIRC after somebody
attacked you), works like a charm, it never reached the
"public warning" level.  The procedures were also tested
(= used) in LTRU and the language-tag review list.  No
serious problems (three tests, one appeal).  Bye, Frank