Re: revised Proposed Charter

2005-07-28 22:24:37

--- "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> wrote:

You would not mind if I keep this saved and send it to namedroppers
at appropriate moment, do you?

What a truly bizarre notion. Are you suggesting that:

a) no one from namedroppers could possible be subscribed to this list yet?
b) no one from namedroppers is capable of subscribing to this list?
c) no one from namedroppers understands the reality of the situation and my
post will clarify it for them?
d) I should cower in the corner because the namedropper police are going to
come visit with baseball bats if they learn of the heretical talk going on
here?

For a moment I though we were talking about the internet. You know, that public
network where anyone can send any set of bits on any port to any participant,
without the encumbrance of seeking approval. Are you talking about a different
internet?

Or, are you suggesting that certain forms of bits sent on certain ports (lets
call them TXT records on port 53) need approval from some higher set of beings
whereas other forms of bits sent on other ports (lets call them HTML on port
80) need no such approval? What sort of bizarre internet is that?

Mark.