Re: Three new drafts and a question

2003-04-29 15:26:26

ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com writes:

Deleteheader/addheader will likely not maintain sort order, but a
replaceheader ought to (which is useful).

I agree it is complex, but I have always wanted Sieve to be a real
language (= complex) so I don't consider that a problem.

This is not a desire I share. In fact one of the original design goals of
sieve
was that it not be "a real language". If I want a real language I'll use one.
There are plenty of them around; no need to invent another.

The only standardized language, used for mail handling, which has
multi-vendor support in MUAs and MTAs, that I know of, is Sieve.
There are not plenty of them around.

I agree with you that there is no need to invent another language,
fortunately, but my reason is that I believe Sieve is being enhanced
into a complex language.