Re: Three new drafts and a question

2003-04-29 16:23:59

ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com writes:

Deleteheader/addheader will likely not maintain sort order, but a
replaceheader ought to (which is useful).

I agree it is complex, but I have always wanted Sieve to be a real
language (= complex) so I don't consider that a problem.

This is not a desire I share. In fact one of the original design goals of
sieve
was that it not be "a real language". If I want a real language I'll use
one.
There are plenty of them around; no need to invent another.

The only standardized language, used for mail handling, which has
multi-vendor support in MUAs and MTAs, that I know of, is Sieve.
There are not plenty of them around.

That's not an excuse for turning sieve so heavy that many if not most service
providers will be unwilling to provide support for it.

I agree with you that there is no need to invent another language,
fortunately, but my reason is that I believe Sieve is being enhanced
into a complex language.

Not if I have anything to say about it.

                                Ned