managesieve + include

2003-10-19 11:47:26
Hi!

Now that managesieve is being moved forward, we should consider it's
relation to draft-daboo-sieve-include.

I've got a few points that I think have to be added to the managesieve
draft or would suffice to do in an extension of the protocol.

1. The managesieve draft needs to mention that it acts on the local
script storage, not on the global one.

2. It needs to be clarified that the active script is the "start script"
and that included (local) scripts need not (and cannot) be set active
to be executed.

3. Either the managesieve or the include spec need to clarify that
scripts that other scripts depend on (e.g. "includees") may not be
removed from the script store (return NO) and that includees have to be
uploaded before their includers.

4. There needs to be a managesieve protocol extension to report more
precise errors (machine-readable) for PUTSCRIPT: E.g. parse, syntax,
site policy, and dependency errors, together with line and optionally
column number. Actually, I think this should go into managesieve
proper.

5. A method (read: managesieve extension) to specify more than one
active script and the order in which those are to be processed would
also be nice, although personally, I'd be fine with using driver
scripts (which, however, requires the include extension).

Marc

--
It takes 5 minutes to create [a OpenPGP key].
Of course it takes a bit more time to get it signed...