Re: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-sieve-include-03.txt (fwd)

2005-08-25 15:16:32

the draft looks good.  a couple comments:

   SIEVE implementations MUST ensure that recursive includes are not
   possible. i.e. if script "A" includes script "B", and script "B"
   includes script "A" an error MUST be generated either when the script
   is uploaded to the SIEVE repository, or when the script is executed.

this can make uploading difficult, the uploader will have to resolve the
graph and upload in the right order.  I would prefer to change
"uploaded" to "activated".

      :global
         Indicates that the named script is stored in a site-wide SIEVE
         repository, accessible to all users of the SIEVE system.

to avoid possible confusion with scoping, I think ":system" is a better
name.  ":site" is another alternative.

typo section:

   Its convenient to be able to break SIEVE [1] scripts down into
   ===
   and a special 'vacation' script, the later being activated when the
                                        latter(?)
   via an includes in an existing script.  An error MUST be generated
          "include"
   when a missing included script is descovered during execution.  If
                                      =

--
Kjetil T.