Re: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-sieve-include-03.txt (fwd)

2005-08-26 06:44:01

I don't think we need ":global", and it would be confusing to use.

I consider PHP a very mature scripting language and I consider thier scoping
rules very well thought out most likely very carefully discussed.  After using
the language for several years I haven't really found fault with them.  It make
me think it's worth copying what they have done.  And thus:

I think Aaron and I are suggesting:

Set file scope variable
    set "var" "Hello Kitty";

Set global scope variable, where global affects all scripts that come into
existance with the include spec
    set :global "var" "Hello Kitty";

Set local scope variable, where local affects the current and nested command
block (filescope if not currently in a control block.)  (would doubt would ever
be used)
    set :local "var" "Hello Kitty";

And Kjetil seems to disagree.  Anybody else out there have any opinions?

Nigel