Re: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-sieve-include-03.txt (fwd)

2005-08-26 12:19:29

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005, Cyrus Daboo <daboo(_at_)isamet(_dot_)com> said:

Hi Kjetil,

--On August 26, 2005 5:10:59 PM +0200 Kjetil Torgrim Homme
<kjetilho(_at_)ifi(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no> wrote:

this means the variables draft needs to change.  I don't know how to
express this notion, so please suggest new text.  such a change is no
doubt big enough that we need to cancel the IETF last call and bring the
document back to the working group for a new revision.

I would like to avoid having to redo variables at this point. I would
prefer any changes to be in the include draft as that is the one causing
all these problems. As such include should extend variables to cope with
the specific file-scoping issues that it uniquely causes. Variables itself
should probably not say anything about this at all now.

Thinking some more, Kjetil's one-liner about variable scope in the
variables draft makes perfect sense in the context of there being only one
file in a script. It is the include draft that adds more files, and more
potential scopes, and so in the include draft this should be explained and
accounted for.

I withdraw my complaint about the scope detail in the variables draft :-)

Aaron