Re: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-sieve-include-03.txt (fwd)

2005-08-30 10:12:18

Nigel Swinson wrote:

Thinking some more, Kjetil's one-liner about variable scope in the
variables draft makes perfect sense in the context of there being only one
file in a script. It is the include draft that adds more files, and more
potential scopes, and so in the include draft this should be explained and
accounted for.

I withdraw my complaint about the scope detail in the variables draft :-)

I am also totally happy with this too.  :o)

It's slightly unfortunate that the term "global variable" in the variables draft may end
up meaning "file scope" in the context of variables+include, but I agree that it's not a
major issue, and it's not worth holding up the variables draft for.
I think we all agree what the term "global variable" means in the variables draft. But if people feel that the term "global variable" might be confusing, we can still replace it with something else as an editorial change.