Re: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-sieve-include-03.txt (fwd)

2005-08-26 09:39:52

Hi Kjetil,

--On August 26, 2005 5:10:59 PM +0200 Kjetil Torgrim Homme
<kjetilho(_at_)ifi(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no> wrote:

> this means the variables draft needs to change.  I don't know how to
> express this notion, so please suggest new text.  such a change is no
> doubt big enough that we need to cancel the IETF last call and bring the
> document back to the working group for a new revision.

I would like to avoid having to redo variables at this point. I would
prefer any changes to be in the include draft as that is the one causing
all these problems. As such include should extend variables to cope with
the specific file-scoping issues that it uniquely causes. Variables itself
should probably not say anything about this at all now.

I am in complete agreement with Cyrus here. We need to move forward, not continuously reexamine every decision we've made.

                                Ned