Re: WGLC for Sieve Notify has ended

2007-01-17 11:10:36

I think we're going to need a bit more language in the sieve-notify draft about sending from authorized or unauthorized from addresses, as well as about sending to people who do not want to receive notifications, and throttling. I'm not sure exactly what needs to be said, however. - Something about how implementations SHOULD restrict the from address to allow only appropriate mailboxes? SHOULD restrict the from address so that other domains aren't caused to be spoofed? - If the recipient of a sieve notify mail doesn't want those notifications, what recourse do they have? Servers SHOULD add a "cancel" link to each notify mail... ? - If the notification frequency is high, servers SHOULD throttle notifications (and if so what error to produce)? Disable the rule?

lisa