Re: Last chance to review draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-10.txt before sending it to IESG

2007-02-06 12:28:36

On Tue, Feb 6, 2007, Ken Murchison <murch(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu> said:

Obviously, digits are case-insensitive, but by stating "number" this
also includes QUANTIFIER, which only allows uppercase per the ABNF.

Nope.  RFC 3028 said:

   QUANTIFIER = "K" / "M" / "G"

Literal strings in ABNF are always case-insensitive.

Ok, you are right. But many people got beaten by this ABNF "feature".

Including CMU (before my time).  Its about a 10 sec fix for me, so I'll
do whatever the consensus dictates.

I've inherited that same line in my lexer (with the same effort required
to change it ;-). I don't feel strongly either way as to whether we should
relax the spec to be case insensitive.

Aaron