Re: Last chance to review draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-10.txt before sending it to IESG

2007-02-06 13:50:49

Hi Philip,

--On February 5, 2007 1:33:43 PM -0700 Philip Guenther <guenther+mtafilters(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Obviously, digits are case-insensitive, but by stating "number" this
also  includes QUANTIFIER, which only allows uppercase per the ABNF.

Nope.  RFC 3028 said:

    QUANTIFIER = "K" / "M" / "G"

Literal strings in ABNF are always case-insensitive.

So the question is: was this a bug in the grammar or a bug in those
implementations?

Based on responses from others, I think we have to leave this as-is. Implementations treating those quantifiers as case-sensitive will need to be fixed.

--
Cyrus Daboo