Standard to selectively disable rules in sieve script?

2008-03-26 15:03:24

I've been reading the RFCs and couldn't find an answer to the following
question:

Is there a standard syntax/notation to disable a single rule/command within a
sieve script that contains more than one rule/command?

I couldn't find anything in the RFCs, but what I found is that everybody seems
to use comments to disable a rule. So far so good...

The bad thing seems to be that even though everybody agrees to use comments
nobody seems to agree on one way to do it - one way all implementations
understand.

My research indicates that interoperability among sieve script clients is lost
when it comes to disabling rules.

A script edited by avelsieve - this is pure fiction, I didn't test this, but
it serves to proove my point - (probably) won't work for KMail, because KMail
is unable to recognize rules that have been disabled by avelsieve and vice
versa.

If I am correct, then - in my eyes - this is a major drawback in making Sieve
useful and popular.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

p(_at_)rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de