Re: Standard to selectively disable rules in sieve script?

2008-03-26 16:12:35

Most of the Sieve clients don't actually parse the Sieve rulesets, unfortunately. They tend to do what Avelsieve does, which is to leave itself a comment in a particular format (for Avelsieve, it's a serialized PHP array) so that it knows what the next block of code does.

This does indeed limit interoperability of clients.

If the clients did all parse the Sieve itself, and could edit each other's rules using their respective gui's, then actually I think we would need some agreement on how to mark a rule inactive (so that it could be left in the script and turned back on by another client without having to re-create it). It's a good point, though I don't have a good answer myself.

Aaron