Re: Standard to selectively disable rules in sieve script?

2008-03-27 02:14:53

* Nigel Swinson <Nigel(_dot_)Swinson(_at_)mailsite(_dot_)com>:
for the case of temporarily disabling a rule,  I think the most obvious
method is a simple

   if false { }

around the block.  that construct can hardly be used for anything else.
using comments is bad, since comments should be truly freeform and
without meaning.

Agreed, and this is actually what I chose to do with our implementation.  It
has the added advantage of still doing compilation/syntax checking on the
disabled rule, whereas if it was just commented out it'll all be ignored...

It seems that there's an agreement on temporarily disabling a rule.
People should use:

        if false { }

I am fairly new to this list and not accustomed with its procedures. What
would I have to do to propose this agreement to become a standard?

Thanks,

p(_at_)rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de