Re: Questions regarding RFC 5228

2008-10-20 15:57:25

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 09:16:42PM +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
I looked at this message and saw two more examples.

<mailto:ietf-mta-filters-request(_at_)imc(_dot_)org?body=unsubscribe>

Both fields are very widely used, and people do want to handle list mail
specially in sieves, so I guess that if the address test ought to work
beyond ordinary address fields, then those two are high on the priority
list. So has anyone here written the code necessary to have the address
test handle List-Id, List-Unsubscribe and friends?

Yes, in that I don't do anything special to prohibit List-ID from being
used in an address test.  In fact I use an address test against
"List-ID" heavily in the script for my personal inbox, including for
this very mailing list.  (In kind of a layered way: info is pulled out
of fields using sieve statements and tested against metadata in a
database, but that's a tangent.

mm