Re: Questions regarding RFC 5228

2008-10-20 18:19:16

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 21:16 +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
I looked at this message and saw two more examples.

<mailto:ietf-mta-filters-request(_at_)imc(_dot_)org?body=unsubscribe>

Both fields are very widely used, and people do want to handle list mail
specially in sieves, so I guess that if the address test ought to work
beyond ordinary address fields, then those two are high on the priority
list. So has anyone here written the code necessary to have the address
test handle List-Id, List-Unsubscribe and friends?

This sounds like a fine test, just the kind of thing to catch all
mailing-list mail.

if address :is :all [ "list-id", "to", "cc" ]
"ietf-mta-filters(_at_)imc(_dot_)org" {
     fileinto "sieve";
}

I hope that users will not relying on their server converting
ietf-mta-filters.imc.org into ietf-mta-filter(_at_)imc(_dot_)org(_dot_)
Likewise for
extracting stuff from a mailto URL.  I wouldn't object to this being
added to RFC 5228bis (or do we call it 3028ter?), but with the current
state of affairs these headers should be left alone, and the address
operator should fail.

(yes, I'd like to loosen the requirement of flagging errors for applying
this test on header fields known not to include addresses, too.)
--
regards,
Kjetil T.