Re: [sieve] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-07.txt

2011-05-07 10:55:42
On Sat May  7 13:51:09 2011, Barry Leiba wrote:
That's very much like the idea we passed through, of using a registry of our own for names that could be alternatives to a URI for that. I
propose, though, that we not use a prefix in general, but instead
prefix the non-URIs with ":" (think of it as a "null URI scheme",
maybe).  So URIs could be exactly as they are now, and we'd have
   ":addressbook:default"
   ":addressbook:personal"
   ":addressbook:company?dept=2y5f"
for example, for our own names.  We can define a registry for these
names, specifying that everything after the second ":" be defined in
the definition of each name.

If Alexey and Ned think this is a good idea, I'll re-work the doc to
define the new registry, and we can do another quick WGLC on it before
we send it to the IESG.

Isn't that URNs by the back door, though?

If so, what you could reasonably do is land-grab a URN prefix and then use that form as a shortcut to it. Then you don't even need a registry.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net