Re: [sieve] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-07.txt

2011-05-07 11:33:18
So the URNs would be of the form
urn:ietf:params:protocols:biscuit-tin:elephant:sieve:addrbook?foo=bar,but
the ":" prefix would expand into the urn:ietf bit all the way up to sieve.

Oh, hey, wait, I *like* that; it's an aspect I didn't think of that
solves two problems:

Problem 1: I think urn:ietf:params:sieve:addrbook:default is ugly and annoying.
Problem 2: I think registering a top-level URN namespace
(urn:addrbook) is silly.

We can get "urn:ietf:params:sieve:addrbook", and document that
":addrbook" is shorthand for that.  That is, we can say that a leading
":" expands to "urn:ietf:params:sieve:".

I like that.  Comments from others?

Barry