Re: [sieve] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-07.txt

2011-05-07 11:12:58
On Sat May  7 17:07:38 2011, Barry Leiba wrote:
> Isn't that URNs by the back door, though?

Yes, I suppose it is, at that.  Sigh.

> If so, what you could reasonably do is land-grab a URN prefix and then use > that form as a shortcut to it. Then you don't even need a registry.

Still need a registry if we want to allow things other than
"addrbook".  But, yes, if not, we don't.

Do you? I think you get to piggyback on the existing URN registry, essentially.

So the URNs would be of the form urn:ietf:params:protocols:biscuit-tin:elephant:sieve:addrbook?foo=bar, but the ":" prefix would expand into the urn:ietf bit all the way up to sieve.

Do you need a new registry for sub-trees?

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net