Re: Potential Work Item: New DNS resource records

2004-03-11 11:11:46

Patrik,

PF> [4] Change the resource record type

PF> See previous bullet, it forces the MX and the "RMX" to be in the same
PF> zone, which in turn forces the records to be managed by the same
PF> entity.

 Your analysis did not consider differences in rate of deployment and adoption.

 The choice involves some tradeoffs.  We need to make sure that we
 consider them as a set.

 New record types have a history of taking a _very_ long time before
 they gain widescale usability.  Given the urgency of spam control, this
 is an important concern.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>