Re: sender vs author, channel vs object, designated sender vs crypto signatures

2004-03-18 08:34:46

Save Crocker wrote:

MWW> I will provisionally define "sender" as that entity which:
MWW> - injects the message into the mailstream,
MWW> - receives bounces, and
MWW> - is identified in the envelope MAIL FROM return path.

Your definition requires that bounces always go to the address
responsible for initial posting of a message.

There are valid and useful scenarios that require the bounces address to
differ from both RFC2822 From and RFC2822 Sender.

Have you got a list of some such scenarios? Seriously, that would help. Or
some reference that you can point me to.

Regards,
JK