Re: Draft Charter milestone sequence

2004-03-18 08:36:06

Gordon,

GF> of being able to send on behalf of another entity.

That would change the 25+ year semantics of Reply-to.

GF>   The moment I start seeing MAIL FROM:<paypalspoofer(_at_)aol(_dot_)com>
sending
GF> From: service(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com under an envelope-only verification
system, I'll
GF> start matching headers to envelopes and bouncing mail.

It is already done by legitimate subscription bulk mail senders.

The redirection of bounce messages to special servers is a core part of
serious bulk mail services.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>