RE: RE: RE: Can you ever reject mail based on RFC2821 MAIL FROM?

2004-04-28 17:05:32

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Sergeant [mailto:msergeant(_at_)startechgroup(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 3:51 PM
To: Harry Katz
Cc: Hallam-Baker, Phillip; Jon Kyme; ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Can you ever reject mail based on
RFC2821 MAIL FROM?

[snip]

This is one of the major things I found missing from
Caller-ID - the equivalent to SPF's "~all". Any MARID system
will have to encode this fuzziness, IMHO.

Ironically it was Microsoft's own records that made it clear
this was vital, with many FPs occurring as soon as we started
playing. :-)

Agreed, this is missing from Caller ID and needs to be added.

However, Microsoft's Caller ID record does have the "testing" attribute
set, so hopefully you weren't rejecting any of our mail.  :-)