RE: New Drafts being developed; invitation to join spf-discuss

2004-05-26 07:53:10

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of wayne

I respectively disagree.

The SPF spec was developed in an open mailing list using rough
consensus from many people.  In many ways, it is very similar to the
way this working group functions.

Andy is saying that there should be one discussion list for the MARID
protocol specification.

There is still a lot of value in having a list for developer and
deployment issues. We did this for the Web. At first all discussions
were on www-talk, then when we started the HTTP and HTML standards
groups the specification discussion separated out into the new list.

For all I know www-talk is still going.

There is a big advantage to separating the design and deployment
communities. Once this happened there was a lot less tweakage of the
specs to meet oddball feature requests.

I suggest that SPF become the deployment/developer list for MARID.
That is what it is in any case.

Invite those with an interest in design to join the MARID list.