Re: New Drafts being developed; invitation to join spf-discuss

2004-05-25 06:53:40

In <5AB39AF0-ADEF-11D8-A66A-000A95B3BA44(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> Andrew Newton
<andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> writes:

On May 24, 2004, at 2:07 PM, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

As tasked by the working group, Microsoft and the SPF community [...]

The SPF community will do most of the work on another of the drafts,
with Microsoft on backup vocals.  [...]

If you are interested in following the progress of the work the SPF
community is doing, I invite you to join spf-discuss.

hi. i think you misunderstood the marching orders from last week.

specifically, you and harry and jim were action'd to go off and write
the drafts.

a subcomittee was neither authorized nor intended.

i do not want people to have to start subscribing to multiple lists,
etc., in order to participate in this working group.

if the three of you are unable to write the drafts by yourselves, you
need to solicit help on this mailing list.

/mtr & andy

I respectively disagree.

The SPF spec was developed in an open mailing list using rough
consensus from many people.  In many ways, it is very similar to the
way this working group functions.

I understand the problems of having to subscribe to multiple mailing
lists.  I think these problems are why many of the people who have been
involved with SPF are not part of this working group.

Asking Meng alone to develop a new draft without input from the SPF
community would be like asking Andy and Marshall to develop a document
without consulting this working group.  I really hope you are not
requesting Meng to change the way the SPF spec has been created over
the last year or so.  I think a poorer draft will result if you do.

-wayne