RE: Wide-Open MADRID

2004-05-28 11:33:32

Well.. That is an awful lot of domain names to block. Especially if the spammer
randomly generates a few hundred a day for the same netblock.
Easier for me to block netblocks.
Both will work... But I still think that it would be even better if we could
limit the netblock so that I could have a choice.

Regards,
Damon Sauer

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Guillaume
Filion
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 1:58 PM
To: ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Wide-Open MADRID

"Sauer, Damon" <Damon(_dot_)Sauer(_at_)BELLSOUTH(_dot_)COM> wrote:
Lets say that Joe Jobs has an SPF record of: "v=spf1 mx ptr
ip4:69.0.0.0/7 -all"

He could even use: "v=spf1 +all"

 This is a valid record, and since he is coming from: 69.87.x.x it is
acceptable.  But now I find out he is a spammer. I can't block
69.0.0.0/7 so now I am stuck denying specific IP's again.

You block his domain name, rather than his IP. This bring the block list to a
higher conceptual level.

Cheers,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr
Logidac Tech., Beaumont, Québec, Canada - http://logidac.com/ PGP Key and more:

*****
it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 113