RE: Wide-Open MARID

2004-05-31 06:31:41

Greg Connor:> I think the decision about what kind of MARID records are
"OK" or "Too
wide
open" should be left to the receiver.

Absolutely. '0/0' (for instance) must be a perfectly valid expression of
domain policy. One may choose to interpret that as 'unknown' or even
'super-bad' along with anything wider than 8bits (or 9, or 29). For that
matter, One might interpret any MARID statement as a strong spam signal (as
now?). We haven't forgotten that anti-spam schemes are just one potential
use of MARID data, right? So we should probably be wary of the temptation
to shoehorn lots of application level stuff into a MARID spec.