Re: Sender identification is not the answer

2004-06-24 17:07:14

Thanks.  ASRG does look promising.  Sorry for having bothered, though I'm
not surprised that SPF-charged Pobox people would think otherwise and follow
an "identify everyone" philosophy over freedom!  It's worked so well in
those countries that authenticate their citizens whenever possible...

It was not my intent to post to an incorrect list, though I do hope that
your proposals are mired in politics, quibbles, legal onslaughts, technical
challenges and poor adoption. <smile>

Best regards,
David

----- Original Message -----
From: "Meng Weng Wong" <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
To: "David Wall" <d(_dot_)wall(_at_)computer(_dot_)org>
Cc: "MARID" <ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Sender identification is not the answer

While these inputs are very important, probably more
important in the grand scheme of things than some of the
technical discussions we've seen over the last few weeks, I
believe this discussion is unfortunately out of scope for
our WG.  You might find a more receptive forum at ASRG.

  http://asrg.sp.am/

The job of this working group is to produce proposals that
you may find philosophically unpalatable, but if you want to
campaign against these concepts your best course of action
may be to contact John Gilmore and the EFF.

cheers
meng