Re: Sender identification is not the answer

2004-06-25 15:58:31

"Hector" == Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> writes:

    Hector> I urge people to review at how this concept of requiring
    Hector> mail to be accepted by SMTP for delayed rejection [...]

There are many people here I suspect who are against delayed
rejection.  I'm in favour of SMTP-level rejection; I'm in favour (I
think) of MTA-generated bounces and/or of C/R systems for mail that is
suspect.

In my case this has nothing to do with the legal framework in the US
or in any other jurisdiction.  I simply don't like systems that throw
away suspect mail because that interferes with long established
technical principles of mail delivery and in particular of making a
genuine best effort to either deliver or bounce every message that is
accepted by the mail transport.

So please don't assume that all MARID/LMAP proponents are in favour of
throwing away mail... :-)

         -roy