Re: some thoughts on SUBMITTER

2004-07-09 06:15:51

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Tony Finch wrote:

We have about 32,000 accounts on the University of Cambridge's central
message store, and about 7400 (23%) of them have some kind of Sieve
redirect set up. 4700 of them are to non-Cambridge addresses, i.e.
FIFTEEN PERCENT of our users will have trouble with the deployment of
designated sender schemes such as SPF and SenderID.

I just realised that I counted everyone twice because of our replication
system, so these proportions should be more like 11% and 7%. The stats
from Oxford University are within a percentage point or so of my corrected
numbers, and more broadly in line with what I expected before running the
script. This is still a significant proportion of our user base.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
LUNDY FASTNET: WEST OR NORTHWEST 3 INCREASING 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6. SHOWERS