What Meng said

2004-08-11 09:07:30

In rereading the Jabber logs and reading the recent threads on SUBMITTER, I'd like to point everyone to a simple sentence Meng wrote in the Jabber session: http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-logs/marid(_at_)ietf(_dot_)xmpp(_dot_)org/2004-08-04.html

[11:05:42] <mengwong> if submitter is not present, we fall back to mail-from. people are missing this.

In defense of "people", I reread marid-submitter and marid-core this morning and could not find the place where this was stated. However, this statement is significant. I'm not saying it is a good or bad idea, but it profoundly changes how SUBMITTER is used, the nexus of SUBMITTER and PRA, and even the semantics of the RR version identifier.

-andy