Re: What Meng said

2004-08-11 09:34:15

Andrew,

AN> In defense of "people", I reread marid-submitter and marid-core this
AN> morning and could not find the place where this was stated.  However,
AN> this statement is significant.  I'm not saying it is a good or bad
AN> idea, but it profoundly changes how SUBMITTER is used, the nexus of
AN> SUBMITTER and PRA, and even the semantics of the RR version identifier.

indeed.

submitter has been offered as an efficiency hack on the rfc2822-based
checking of sender-id.  there has been no rfc2821.mailfrom in it.

so meng's statement would seem to change the basic semantics of
sender-id, depending upon whether submitter is present.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>